Maricopa SBDC Is OPEN – Virtually
How we can support you:
Our offices are open – virtually. We are here to help, so don’t hesitate to call or email. We can meet with you via Zoom teleconference, phone or other virtual channel.
As the COVID-19 situation evolves, we have moved all consulting meetings online or on phone for the foreseeable future.
If you already have a consulting appointment, we will be contacting you with options for video, phone or email delivery.
In response to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, small business owners in all U.S. states, Washington D.C., and territories are eligible to apply for Economic Injury Disaster Loans with an optional advance ($1,000 per employee up to a $10,000 advance).
The House of Representatives passed the Prioritized Paycheck Protection Program Act (P4), extending the window for business owners to apply for PPP loans to August 8, 2020. The program’s authorization expired at midnight on Tuesday, June 30th. As of Tuesday, June 30, the Paycheck Protection Program had approximately $135 billion left.
For the most up-to-date information on these programs, please visit www.sba.gov/disaster.
**Do not wait to get in touch with one of these lenders.
*If you received an email from CLS@sba.gov requesting information, it is legitimate.
Please stay well and compassionate.
Resources available — CONTINUALLY UPDATED
As we continue to monitor the fluid and rapidly evolving COVID-19 (coronavirus) situation, the health and safety of our employees, partners, clients, and people in the communities where we operate remains our top priority.Currently, it remains a fluid situation and will continue to keep our website updated with the latest developments.
SBA Disaster Loans:
SBA Express Bridge Loan Pilot Program Guide:
SBA Paycheck Protection Program (PPP)
- PPP Program Overview
- PPP Lender Information
- PPP Borrower Information
- Frequently Asked Questions document – FAQ #49 (Please note FAQs #12 and #20 have been revised) – Released June 25, 2020
- How to Calculate Loan Amounts (Released June 26, 2020)
- New question #10 on calculations for new self-employed individuals & revised questions 1, 2, 4, 5, 6, and 7 to reflect PPPFA
- Interim Final Rule – Revisions to Loan Forgiveness IFR and SBA Loan Review Procedures IFR (Released June 22, 2020)
- Interim Final Rule – Additional Eligibility Revisions to First Interim Final Rule (criminal justice reform provisions related to eligibility for those with a criminal record) (Released June 24, 2020)
- Interim Final Rule – Certain Eligible Payroll Costs (specifically pertaining to fishing boat owners) (Released June 25, 2020)
- Summary of PPP lending as of 6/6/20 (Released June 7, 2020)
- Procedures for Lender Submission of Paycheck Protection Program Loan Forgiveness Decisions to SBA and SBA Forgiveness Loan Reviews (Released July 23, 2020)
- SBA From 3508ez PPP Forgiveness Instructions
- PPP Forgiveness Application 3508EZ
- SBA Form 3508 PPP Forgiveness Instructions
- SBA Form 3508 PPP Forgiveness Application
The PPP Forgiveness Platform will go live and begin accepting Lender submissions on August 10, 2020, subject to extension if any new legislative amendments to the forgiveness process necessitate changes to the system.
SBA Small Business Guidance & Loan Resources:
Maricopa Small Business Development Center (SBDC):
- Pandemic Help for Small Businesses Fact Sheet
- Maricopa SBDC/City of Peoria FaceBook Live
- Maricopa SBDC SBA Disaster Loan Programs Webinar.05.13.2020
- Maricopa SBDC PPP Loan Forgiveness Webinar.07.30.2020
America’s SBDC Coronavirus Information for Small Businesses:
Arizona Commerce Authority (ACA):
In addition to postponing the deadline for tax payments, the filing deadline has now been postponed until July 15, 2020. Consequently, the due date for filing Federal income tax returns and making Federal income tax payments due April 15, 2020, is automatically postponed to July 15, 2020. Affected Taxpayers do not have to file Forms 4868 or 7004.
- Free options available: www.irs.gov/coronavirus
- Plan on scheduling multiple payments now
- Coronavirus Tax Relief and Economic Impact Payments Status
- Three new credits are available to many businesses hit by COVID-19
Department of Labor:
- Covid-19 and the American Workplace
- Covid 19 and the Family and Medical Leave Act questions and answers
- Covid 19 and the Fair Labor Standards Act questions and answers
- Employer paid leave requirements
- Employee paid leave rights
U.S. Senate Committee on Small Business & Entrepreneurship
Arizona Commission on the Arts (Emergency Relief Grants for Arizona Artists and Arts Professionals):
Arizona Community Foundation:
The Phoenix IDA, in coordination with the City of Phoenix and a growing list of funders, is offering grants up to $10,000* to local small businesses experiencing economic distress and sudden loss of revenue due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Arizona Employment Opportunities:
Arizona@Work is maintaining a database of employers who are looking to hire immediately.
Additional Employment Resources:
- Now Hiring #C19AZ leverages Pipeline AZ’s unique skills-mapping technology and virtual hiring fair capabilities to match incoming crisis job seekers to real-time openings
- Maricopa County Community Colleges CareerLink
Arizona Grant Watch:
- ArizonaTogether.org, serves as the centralized location for Arizonans to find help or provide support during the COVID-19 outbreak.
- Factsheets (multiple languages): https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/communication/factsheets.html
- Guidance for Businesses: CDC Interim Guidance for Businesses and Employers
City of Chandler:
The City of Chandler’s Economic Development Division, in partnership with the Industrial Development Authority, has initiated a “Choose Chandler” reimbursement grant program to assist small businesses with costs incurred from purchasing personal protective equipment (PPE).
City of Mesa:
City of Peoria:
Export and Trade Assistance:
- Business Resource Hub: https://www.facebook.com/business/boost/resource
Local First Arizona:
Maricopa Community Colleges Community Resources:
Office Keepers (AZSBDC Success Award Winner):
Cleaning vs Disinfecting (pdf file)
- COVID-19 Resources: https://www.osha.gov/SLTC/covid-19/
- Guidance for Preparing Workplaces for COVID-19 – https://www.osha.gov/Publications/OSHA3990.pdf
Scottsdale Industrial Development Authority:
211 is a vital service that connects millions of people to help every year:
US Chamber of Commerce: