- This event has passed.
2017 InnovateHER: Innovating for Women Business Challenge
Thursday, June 1, 2017 @ 5:30 pm - 7:30 pm
Thursday, June 1, 2017
5:30 pm to 7:30 pm
ASU Downtown Campus
EA England Building
424 North Central Avenue
Phoenix, AZ 85004
InnovateHER Highlights the economic and community impact of Phoenix’s growing female led ventures.
Co+Hoots Foundation will be partnering with the SBA in collaboration with ASU, E+I, Maricopa SBDC, and Women Who StartUp to bring InnovateHER to Phoenix.
Applications are now open for the 2017 Phoenix InnovateHER Grant and Pitch Showcase.
InnovateHER provides an opportunity for Phoenix female led ventures to showcase their innovations on a national scale. Five finalists will be selected to pitch at a community event June 1, 2017 at the ASU Downtown Campus in front of an all star entrepreneurial community panel.
Ventures will be judged on:
– Having a measurable impact on the lives of women and families
– Having the potential for commercialization
– Filling a need in the marketplace (30%)
The winner will be announced that same night and will be submitted to a pool of national representatives. Finalists will pitch on a national stage in Washington D.C. and the winners will be awarded $70,000 in grant funding.
All applicants will receive recognition at the event. Business plan review and pitch practice is available free of charge for all ventures that participate.
Participants must be at least 18 years of age, U.S. citizens or permanent residents, and meet other requirements as defined in the Competition Rules.
How to Participate:
– Applications and materials are due by Friday, May 11, by 5:00 PM MST
– Submit an investor pitch presentation (10 slides max) and a business plan with executive summary to: Donna.McCown@domail.maricopa.edu
– May, 19th – Semi-finalists will be notified
– June, 1st – Competition + Pitch at 5:30 pm to 7:30 pm.