- This event has passed.
Fortune Favors the Planners – Why it Takes Time to Successfully Fund or Sell Your Business
Wednesday, June 28, 2017 @ 9:00 am - 11:00 am
Program Description: Looking for funding or selling your business can feel intimidating! You’ve got to work with new people who will pass judgement on your business and it feels like they speak a different language – so many business owners ignore it for as long as possible. Refusing to plan for the funding or sale of your business limits your options when the time comes – which can dramatically reduce the amount you get, or even make it impossible to get a transaction done at all.
Don’t wait and hope that you will be ready. Instead, join us for this session to understand what builds business value, and why value-building is the best way to attract the funding or buyer of your dreams!
Program Objective: After attending this session, you’ll know key actions you can take TODAY to build a valuable business and become an attractive investment to future investors or buyers.
During this session, you will:
- Learn how changing your mindset to that of an “investor in your business” can provide the foundation for purposeful business decisions
- Understand the three pillars of value that attract investors to a business
- Receive a simple decision-making framework that helps you make the most of all your resources
- Develop your own method to continually assess your business to ensure you’re improving value
This program is intended for:
- Businesses that are already generating revenues
- Businesses looking for funding in the next 12-18 months
- Business that want to sell their business in the next 18-36 months
Please note: This program is NOT a lender, investor networking or pitch event.
Guest Facilitator: Our guest speaker will be Stephanie Sims, author and champion of small business owners. Stephanie believes that every business owner can grow their dreams and their profits but have to know their worth.
Speaker Bio: A second generation entrepreneur, author, and fundraising consultant, Stephanie Sims is committed to helping founders find the path that works for them when it comes to building and growing a business.
Stephanie was an investment banker for nearly a decade before jumping on the thrill ride of entrepreneurship with a high-tech manufacturing startup in Europe.
From navigating multiple institutional funding rounds to satisfying demanding household-name clients, Stephanie experienced most of the highs and lows of startup life until she lived the fairy-tale ending of exiting via sale to a publicly traded company.
Stephanie’s been the one looking for funding and the one deciding whether or not to invest, so she can tell you how to fund your business without selling your soul.