- This event has passed.
Introduction to Cybersecurity for Small Business
Tuesday, March 21, 2017 @ 8:30 am - 9:30 am
Date: Tuesday, March 21, 2017
Time: 8:30 – 9:30 am
Location: Microsoft Store at Scottsdale Fashion Square
The goal of the Cybersecurity for Business workshop is to inform small and midsized business (SMB) owners about potential threats and how to identify and avoid them. Cybercrime is at epidemic levels, and small businesses usually have fewer resources and safeguards in place to protect themselves. This workshop will address risks, causes of data breaches, how to spot red flags and identify threats and steps participants can take to better protect their companies. The workshop will also introduce the security benefits of Office 365 for Business and Windows 10 and highlight Microsoft Store services like Answer Desk that can help support security needs.
Ninety-five percent of cyber risk is preventable by modernizing your company’s technology and educating your employees. With cyber-crime at epidemic levels, it’s important for small and medium sized businesses to get cyber-savvy.
Sponsored by SBDC (Small Business Development Center)
Hosted by the Microsoft Store-Scottsdale Fashion Square
Audience – This program is intended for small and medium sized businesses.
You will Learn:
- 10 Tips to safeguard your business from online security threats.
- Educate yourself about online fraud, the steps you can take to help guard against it, and what you can do if you fall victim to it.
- See how other small businesses are taking advantage of the latest technology to guard against malicious attacks.
- Learn about Microsoft’s commitment to cybersecurity
- Discover free tools that teach your employees how to work more securely on the Internet.
Speakers: Provided by Microsoft Store