The Great Marketing Turnaround is a 3-part marketing SBDC original series designed to help businesses update and adapt their marketing strategies for COVID times and beyond.
The program objective is to provide you, a small business owner, with a foundation of basic marketing knowledge and skills that can be applied to your business, to enable greater success in all of your marketing efforts. After you complete the activities in each module, you will have foundational information to inform your marketing strategy and marketing plan activities.
Module 1: Target Market Update and Positioning Pivots for COVID
Module 2: Customer Messaging and Sales Promo in a COVID Market
Module 3: Pandemic Promotional Strategies and Measuring Success
The original program format, which was offered virtually to a live audience, has been re-purposed for use under the guidance of your SBDC counselor. The program consists of the three recorded webinar modules shown above, worksheets, and activities to apply the concepts to your business.
- Meet with your counselor to identify a schedule for coursework completion and counseling session progress review meetings.
- Bookmark this website page for easy reference.
- Download and/or print the worksheets for each module (see below for links). Files are editable in ADOBE ACROBAT. You can also PRINT out the Activity Sheets.
Suggested Course Completion Roadmap
You will work with your counselor to identify a course completion schedule that meets your specific needs. There are no requirements for a completion timeframe.
- Week 1: Module 1 – Customer Segments and Customer Persona
- Week 2: Module 1 – Market Positioning Map
- Week 3: Module 2 – Unique Selling Principle and FAB Analysis (Feature, Advantage, Benefits)
- Week 4: Module 2 – Marketing Goals and Communication Objectives
- Week 5: Messaging and Media
- Week 6: Management and Cost-Benefit Analysis
Below are the links to the video recordings and worksheets that you will need to complete the program. Download and/or print the worksheets for each module (see below for links). Files are editable in ADOBE ACROBAT. You can also PRINT out the Activity Sheets.